If you're new to the CafePress Community Forums, be sure to read our Forum Guidelines before you post anything.
Community Forums: Home CafePress Community Forums Welcome to the CafePress Community Forum Forum Guidelines Community Forum Guidelines - updated 11/02/09
Welcome to the CafePress Community Forums!
The CafePress Community Forum is a way for CafePress members to connect with each other, receive peer-to-peer support and learn more about CafePress. CafePress’ role on the forum is to facilitate open discussions and support our community through constructive communication. By participating in the CafePress Community Forums, you are agreeing to the guidelines we have created and outlined for you. These guidelines are intended for ALL members posting on the Community Forums. We believe in the golden rule:
“Please treat and interact with fellow members using the same respect and courtesy that you would like others to give you.”
In the spirit of the CafePress Community please help keep our forum a fun, helpful, and welcoming place for all members. The Community Forum guidelines are as follows:
1. No rudeness or disruptive behavior - always follow the Golden Rule: Be respectful of each other, CafePress employees, and Forum Moderators. Be civil, clean, and decent in all posts. Open discussions of varying points of view are encouraged but only if they remain constructive and not inflammatory. Flaming or personal attacks are not allowed or tolerated. Anyone using/ posting inappropriate content, language, starting personal attacks, engaging in hate speeches and rants, or being disruptive to the Community's positive environment may be barred from all further discussions and/ or the CafePress Community Forums completely.
2. Not a venue for personal or private vendettas or causes, including political debates. If you become involved in a dispute or have a problem with another forum member, moderator, or CafePress.com please email email@example.com. That includes accusations pertaining to copyright infringement on CafePress or any other site. Please email CUP@cafepress.com directly for concerns about copyright/trademark infringement.
3. No offensive content or imagery. No links, posts, nicknames, signatures, or avatars considered offensive will be allowed and removed. Examples of what’s considered offensive are: adult content (that include links to pages with links to adult content), inflammatory/hate, and vulgar.
4. No spamming or posting referral links. The forums are not a venue for unrelated sites or services. Content that is posted for the sole-purpose of unrelated promotion (e.g. spam or referral links) will be removed and may result in a permanent loss of forum privileges.
5. Do not post copyrighted material (e.g. Articles) written by others without their permission.
6. Do not include names or links to competitor sites or names/ contact information, including post altered-text as an attempt to defeat forum word-filters or otherwise circumvent the rules. The purpose of the forum is for support and discussions related to CafePress, not our competitors.
7. Keep thread discussions on topic, and within the subject of the forum. Please do not "hijack" or "bump" the thread gain additional exposure to a post or yourself. Please do not cross-post within other forums and threads.
8. Do not post another member's personal or website details, without permission. Please do not, nor is it advised, to post sensitive or confidential information to the forum about yourself or other members (i.e. account information, private communications with CafePress staff, forum moderators, or other members, etc.)
9. No distracting images or avatars please. Animated images are not permitted in avatars, posts, or signatures. Please see the Signatures Guidelines for information on how to create your signature.
10. Do not disable your Private Messaging System so you can properly receive messages from CafePress staff or forum moderators.
What Happens if I Break the Rules?
Many times members don't realize that they have gone against guidelines. In general, we follow a three strikes policy. Please keep in mind that all infractions are different, and will be handled on an individual basis. Depending on the severity, CafePress reserves the right to follow a different course of action that includes:
• Removal of posts or other content that violate policies followed by a warning
• A warning
• A temporary restriction (being banned from posting)
• An indefinite restriction (a permanent ban)
If you feel that another member's posts are inappropriate, email a link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New to the forum?
Welcome! We just have a few helpful things for you to keep in mind:
• Before posting, please read the Frequently Asked Questions & Answers or "Read me first" posts (symbolized with a red exclamation mark) at the top of that forum as your question may be answered already.
• Please remember, that the CafePress Community Forum is a place for peer-to-peer support from other members. Customer Support inquiries should be directed towards our Customer Support Department. Our representatives are ready to help you.
• Additionally we have several other community resources readily available for you to find information and help guide your CafePress experience.
• To report a bug or site issue, please take a moment to complete our online bug report.
Community Rules: - You agree not to hold CafePress.com or its members liable for anything stated within the forums. Messages posted at this site are the sole opinion and responsibility of the poster. CafePress.com makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained within the forums. - CafePress.com and forum moderators reserve the right to remove, edit or delete without notice any and all content placed in these forums. - Moderator and/ or CafePress action may be final. Actions may be reversed by CafePress or a moderator after review of the matter. If you have a problem with any action please email email@example.com. - Using the forum to solicit discussions (via email or Private Message) contrary to the guidelines may be considered unacceptable. - It is your responsibility to be familiar and remain updated to current Community Forum Guidelines. All users of these forums must comply with these guidelines. Infractions of any guideline may result in revocation of forum privileges.This message has been edited. Last edited by: AngCP,
Community Relations Manager
• Signatures must comply with all guidelines outlined in the Forum Guidelines and the CafePress.com Terms of Service. Please review both for familiarity.
• Your signature can consist of a maximum of 5 single-spaced lines (not including salutation and name), of text and spaces only. Images and animations should not be a part of your signature. No inflammatory content.
• Links to non-CP, commercial, non-homepage/personal sites may be subject to CafePress/Moderator approval.
• Please keep your signature nice and tidy. Sigs should not distort the layout or usability of the CafePress Community Forum (ie. extremely large fonts, tables, cells, and excessively listing links).
• Your signature should be able to fit within the example shown below.
| Sig Line 5 (Signatures taller than this are not allowed to ride.)
| Sig Line 4
| Sig Line 3
| Sig Line 2
| Sig Line 1
• CafePress and the forum moderators may make judgment calls and have final say on all aspects of signature size, forum performance, and general issues of signatures.
Remember, your signature is a stamp for your business. You'll want to create one that the audience will receive warmly, and remember. If you have questions about or need assistance creating a signature, please feel free to contact a community forum moderator or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Relations Manager
Forum moderators are volunteers who are NOT CafePress employees - they are CafePress members.
The CafePress Community Forum Moderator screen names are: Blipfish, Adam, Fricka, Greekette, lilgoodies, lorilei363, P:Art, Ophelia, RowdyJRT, Teesed.com. CafePress employees who participate in the Community Forum will include "CP" in their screen name.
You can learn more about our Mods here.
Community Relations Manager
SITE ISSUES/BUG REPORTS
If you are encountering a bug or issue that is not allowing the site to work as it should it is imperative that you complete our online bug report/ submission form
When completing a bug report, please be prepared to share the following information:
Short description of issue:
Steps taken for this "bug" to occur:
What do you expect to happen?
What is happening instead?
Other comments to add:
Community Relations Manager
|Powered by Social Strata|